Become a better listener and reader!
SoundSmart is a set of 11 entertaining, multi-level talking Bingo games that could help change your life! Because better listeners make better learners, better parents and better colleagues!
SoundSmart was designed by a clinical psychologist and a psychiatrist to improve listening skills, following directions, phonemic awareness, working memory, mental processing speed, and impulse control – vital skills for learning and living.
“I highly recommend this software as an auditory cognitive training tool.”
-Dr. Muriel Prince Warren
SoundSmart consists of three modules:Attention Coach
– (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced): Spoken instructions become increasingly complex as you progress through these alphabet games. You must remember what to do even when the instructor gives multi-step instructions, then changes her mind.
Math & Memory Coach
– (Levels A, 1, 2, 3, and 4): Improve working memory by learning to do math in your head. When set up for a child, each of these five programs addresses the corresponding grade level of the elementary school math curriculum, grades K through 4. Adult users are presented with more challenging problems.
Sound Discrimination Coach
– (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced): These challenging phonemic awareness drills train the player to listen well under all types of conditions.
Using SoundSmart’s unique behavioral training tracks
You can access thousands of tasks within each program, customizing the programs for individual needs and bringing depth to the exercises:
– to challenge alertness and improve mental processing speed.
– to improve impulse control by providing drill and practice in the skill of waiting patiently. If the user moves the mouse before the traffic light turns green, the computer gently chides her, then gives the instruction all over again!
– to improve auditory attention, figure-ground discrimination, and auditory focus. Incorporates elements that make it challenging to discriminate sounds.
– combines all of these tracks, requiring the user to listen extra carefully, wait patiently before answering, then move quickly to answer before the time is up!